On 22 November, a National Scientific forum on the occasion of 90th anniversary of Ivaylo Petrov’s Birth was held. The forum was organized by Modern and Contemporary Bulgarian Literature Department at the Institute for Literature – BAS and New Bulgarian Studies Department at the New Bulgarian University. Greetings were delivered by Dr. Tosho Donchev, director of the Hungarian Cultural Institute, who pointed some Hungarian translations of the most important works of Ivaylo Petrov, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Bissera Dakova and Assos. Prof. Dr. Plamen Doynov who told about the fateful match in the two institutions’ intentions on firstly independent but subsequently combined into one forum initiatives about Ivaylo Petrov.
On November 21st, in the Great Hall of the Institute for Literature the Institute for Literature Day was held. Official guests were Mrs. Margarita Popova, Vice President of the Republic of Bulgaria, His Excellency, Mr. Leszek Hensel, Ambassador of Poland in Bulgaria, Corr.member Nikolai Miloshev, Vice-President of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Corr.member Svetlana Kuyumdzhieva, Advisor to the Chairman of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Corr.member Dimitar Dimitrov, Adviser to the Chairman of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, directors of humanitarian institutes, heads and representatives of various humanitarian and cultural institutions, as well as representatives of many universities in Bulgaria.
On 14th, 15th and 16th November 2013 at "St. St. Cyril and Methodius" National Library and at 74th and 15th halls of the Faculty for Journalism and Mass Communication at “St. Kliment Ohridski" Sofia University the National Conference "Our Modernism (Bulgarian literary modernism: authors, issues, concepts) was held.
On November 4th, in the Great Hall of the National Academy of Sciences the National celebration of the 135th anniversary of Acad. Mihail Arnaudov’s birth was held. The event was opened by Prof. R. Damyanova: “To highlight the importance of Acad. Mihail Arnaudov for the development of modern Bulgarian humanitarian studies means to consider the century-old development of the humanitarian thought in Bulgaria. You could say: Acad. Mihail Arnaudov is one of Bulgarian philological knowledge builders. His scientific work covers all branches of philological pursuits.
On May 24th at the Institute for Philology Studies at Kiev National University opened the unique „Treasure of Words” exhibition, dedicated to the 1150th anniversary of the Great Moravian Cyril and Methodius mission. The opening of the exhibition became a true celebration at the Department for Slavic Studies at KNU and met not only teachers and students, but also diplomats, scientists, researchers, representatives of various academic, cultural and social institutions in Kiev.
More Articles ...
- “Bulgaria: Treasure of Words”
- National Celebration of the 200th Anniversary of Holy Sofronii Bishop of Vratsa Assumption. Under the Patronage of Mrs. Margarita Popova, Vice President of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Opening of the Center for Bulgarian Language, Literature and Culture at the Institute of Philology at Kiev National University "Taras Shevchenko"
- Presentation of Assos. Prof. Dr. Alexander Yordanov’s Book - "Lonely and Decent. Prof. Konstantin Gulubov - Life, Work and Ideas. "
- Participation of scientists from the Institute for Literature at the Third International Congress of Bulgarian Studies, 23 - 26 May 2013.
- Bulgaria: Treasure of Words Exhibition in Varna
- Round Table "Bulgaria and Russia (XVIII – XXIc.) - Stereotypes and Deconstructions"